Comprehensive
Timesaver
   Subscribe to Topic  

Courtport Discussion Board
    Discussion Home
( | )

Courtport Coverage
Author

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 07-08-2009 09:02 PM EST
I ready Carole Levitt's email on law-lib re Courtport and wanted to know if the editor at Courtport agrees with her comments. 
Freecourtdockets.com provides free docket sheets, but you can only search by docket/case number. None of the underlying documents are provided though. However, Courtport covers all years available at PACER and almost all courts (civil and criminal federal district courts and the  bankruptcy courts are covered, and, eventually the Courts of Appeal), while Justia.com is only for civil federal district court dockets and only covers the past 4 years. On the other hand, Justia lets you search by party name, NOS, etc. (but not docket number) and sometimes the underlying documents are available (free).  I'd love to be able to combine the two sites!

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 09-18-2010 11:01 PM EST
Hi Karen,

I would agree with Carole's comments.

At first glance, Free Court Dockets and Justia appear to be very similar.  However if you use and compare both carefully, you will observe some major differences.

Currently FreeCourtDockets.com is the  only (and first) site to provide free federal court dockets for just about any case--full dockets complete with all summary information and docket entries.

Paul

Paul Bush
CEO
Courtport, LLC

« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 09-20-2017 09:49 AM EST